As an independent charitable foundation, the International Association of New Haven is committed to funding programs that enhance and promote cultural understanding in our diverse community.
Founded in 1949 as "The International Center," it was originally established as an organization that provided housing to students, scholars, and their families from all over the world. It quickly became a hub of communal activities not only among its residents but also between the international and local community of greater New Haven.
In 2005, upon the sale of the house, we reorganized in 2007 as the International Association of New Haven (IANH), a grant giving organization supporting local projects that enhance and promote international understanding, thus keeping the spirit of the International Center alive.
Since its inception as a grant-giving foundation, the International Association of New Haven has awarded more than $200,000 in grants to support programs in the New Haven area.