The International Association of New Haven (IANH), a cultural, educational and social organization dedicated to supporting and strengthening mutual understanding between the people of Greater New Haven and the rest of the world, seeks grant applications from organizations whose programs advance international, intercultural and global understanding.
- The organization must be located in the Greater New Haven area.
- The organization must be tax exempt under IRS code section 501(c)3.
- The organization must not have received funding in both of the previous two years.
The International Association of New Haven will only consider one grant application per calendar year per organization.
- We will consider funding up to $20,000.
- A final report for a completet project or an interim report for an on-going project needs to be submitted before a new grant will be considered.
Invitations for short proposals for a grant are issued in August, with a deadline of September 30, 5:00pm. Please contact us if you are interested in being added to our mailing list for program grant invitations.
IANH invites submissions of brief proposals of no more than 200 words from organizations in the Greater New Haven regions for innovative projects or programs that
- Support the international community of Greater New Haven.
- Encourage community programs that foster cultural understanding.
- Promote global education for all ages.
Through these grants, IANH seeks to benefit:
- Local communities and organizations that provide services to the international community in the Greater New Haven area, and the international visitors served by these organizations.
- Local institutions that promote intercultural awareness and communication among groups of different ethnic, racial, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- K-12 students in programs that focus on global education, including world languages and cultures.
- Members of the local communities and international visitors in programs that mutually benefit students, scholars and the greater community.
We will consider requests to support programs that are highly effective and innovative and do not duplicate other programs or services.
Please click here to learn more about grant applications.
Click here to read about the organizations who were awarded grants in 2021 and previous years.