The International Association of New Haven (IANH), a cultural, educational and social organization dedicated to supporting and strengthening mutual understanding between the people of Greater New Haven and the rest of the world, seeks grant applications from organizations whose programs advance international, intercultural and global understanding.
Invitations to apply for a grant are issued in August, with a deadline on October 1, 5:00pm. If you are interested in being added to our mailing list for program grant invitations for 2019, please contact us.
IANH invited submissions of brief proposals of no more than 200 words from organizations in the Greater New Haven regions for innovative projects or programs that
- Support the international community of Greater New Haven;
- Encourage community programs that foster cultural understanding;
- Promote global education for all ages.
Through these grants, IANH seeks to benefit:
- Local communities and organizations that provide services to the international community in the Greater New Haven area, and the international visitors served by these organizations.
- Local institutions that promote intercultural awareness and communication among groups of different ethnic, racial, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- K-12 students in programs that focus on global education, including world languages and cultures.
- Members of the local communities and international visitors in programs that mutually benefit students, scholars and the greater community.
We will consider requests to support programs that are highly effective and innovative and do not duplicate other programs or services.
- The brief proposal must be submitted by October 1 of each calendar year.
- You will be notified if you are selected to submit a full application by the end of October.
- The deadline for the completed application is January 30.
- Organizations with successful applications will be notified by April 30.
- Funding may be provided for no more than two consecutive years.
Click here to read about the organizations who were awarded grants for 2017/2018.