International Association of New Haven – formerly the “International Center” – Announces Grants for Innovative Local Projects
New Haven, CT . . . “The International Center of New Haven,” founded in 1949, was originally established as a community organization that provided host families, ESL classes, and other support to foreign students and their families at Yale and other Universities and Colleges. It’s International House at 406 Prospect Street was a home and community to graduate students and scholars from all over the world.
Now called the International Association of New Haven (IANH), the organization sold the “International House” and has reorganized as a grant giving organization supporting local projects that foster international understanding.
IANH remains dedicated to strengthening mutual understanding between the people of Greater New Haven and the rest of the world. The Foundation seeks grant applications from organizations whose programs advance international, intercultural and global connection. The IANH invites proposals from organizations in the Greater New Haven area for innovative projects that:
- Support the international community of Greater New Haven
- Encourage community programs that foster cultural understanding
- Promote global education in the community
Applications will be accepted from educational institutions and organizations with 501(c) (3) status. Application deadline is January 1st 2007. IANH expects initially to grant 5-7 awards of up to $5000 each.
Applications and more information: www.ianewhaven.org
The International Association of New Haven would like to extend a special thank you to the Community Foundation of Greater New Haven for supporting this program.